qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Patrik Berglund" <Patrik.Bergl...@jeppesen.com>
Subject RE: First try using the python client
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:06:21 GMT
Carl Trieloff wrote:
> M3, has few few things you can do, M4 has a few more...
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/cheat-sheet-for-configuring-queue
> -options.html
>
> The reject and flow-to-disk options work in M3. The two ring options
> have been added for M4.
>
> Basically you set the size policy and then a message and or
> byte limit
> when declaring the queue.
>

> set "qpid.max_count" to value
> set "qpid.max_size" to value
> set "qpid.policy_type"  to "reject" || "flow_to_disk" || "ring" ||
> "ring_strict"

I've set the reject option on the queue that we use and as a test
the 'qpid.max_count' to 10. The sender has set the immediate flag
and discard unroutable to false on the message.
The result is that if the sender transfer 20 message as fast as it can,
the receiver gets 10 message with the correct content and 10 message
with a body size of zero.

Anyone got a suggestion what I do wrong?

(It is the python client, c++ broker from M3 that we use.)

Thanks,
Patrik