qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid broker federation use case info?
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:06:57 GMT
gregory james marsh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm experimenting with Qpid broker federation functionality.  I've noticed
> that there are a number of concepts and scenarios listed on the following
> page:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/using-broker-federation.html
>
> However, there are no links with details for each item on the list.  Does
> anybody have any references/links to further information about these
> scenarios.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Marsh

Hi Greg,

I'm planning to start fleshing out that Wiki page starting next week.
There are some new federation features that make it much easier to
configure that need to be written up.  These features are in place on
the Subversion trunk and will be included in the soon-to-be-released M4
release.  They are implemented only on the C++ broker at present.

In the mean time, I'd be happy to help get you started and answer any
questions you'd like to ask on the mailing list.

Do you have a particular use-case in mind?

I'll send out some setup scripts that illustrate various federation
topologies.

Regards,

-Ted