qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid M3 and 0.9
Date Tue, 07 Oct 2008 00:13:09 GMT
Esteve Fernandez wrote:
> Hi all, I'm porting txAMQP [1] to Qpid M3 and noticed that there's a new
> method for sending frames (invoke_reliable) for AMQP 0.9 and wanted to use it
> as it will make asynchronous programming much easier. However, I cannot seem
> to get it working properly against the Java broker.
>
> This is what I get when I run ./run-tests -d -v -s 0-9
> tests_0-9.example.ExampleTest
>
> Closed: Method(name=close, id=50)
> (200, 'org.apache.qpid.framing.AMQFrameDecodingException: Unsupported frame
> type: 9 (Hexdump: empty)', 0, 0) content = None
>
> So, is there a broker that supports frame_request (type 9) and frame_response
> (type 10), both defined in amqp-errata.0-9.xml? Will those methods become
> part of the upcoming AMQP 0.91 spec or is it a Qpid-only feature?
>
> Cheers.
>
> 1 - https://launchpad.net/txamqp

I have been in 0-10 for a while now, so I might not be the best to
comment, but the amqp-errata.0-9.xml
was a correction to the transfer message in the WIP in the Message
class. The Message class is now the basis
for AMQP 0-10. 0-10 is pretty much all async by default.    (C++ broker
around M1/2 supported it, but C++
has long ago moved onto 0-10, which supports async)

AMQP .91 is 0-9 SP1 and just to clean up some items on the old version
(non WIP), thus you need to go
to a later spec version for this functionality. the SP will be of no use
to you for the above.

Are you able to use the C++ broker and 0-10?  The C++, Java, Python, and
.NET clients have 0-10 support
already.
Carl.