qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shahbaz Chaudhary" <schaudh...@genghisfund.com>
Subject javax.naming.NamingException: scheme amqp not recognized
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2008 01:12:07 GMT
I'm getting a very strange error: javax.naming.NamingException: scheme
amqp not recognized

A third party vendor provides a bridge between JMS and their product.
I'm posting it here because the stack trace shows that the problem is
within the qpid name space.

The following url is being parsed:
"amqp://guest:guest@1/test?brokerlist='tcp://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5672'"

The code seems to strip out "amqp" but doesn't recognize it (this is in
org.apache.qpid.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup())

Instead of the amqp url, I took the tcp part of the url, and I started
receiving "scheme tcp not recognized" error.

Following is some more detail:

javax.naming.NamingException: scheme amqp not recognized

        at
org.apache.qpid.jndi.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContext.java:250)

        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)

        ...vendor classes...

JMSAdapter error: NamingException: scheme amqp not recognized Resolved
name: null Remaining name: null with error javax.naming.NamingException:
scheme amqp not recognized

Shahbaz Chaudhary

Genghis Fund

75 Broad