qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Memory problems with Qpid
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:46:33 GMT
Sami Sierla wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Sami!

> We have been using Qpid with our project to implement communication
> between server and multiple clients. However, we are constantly running
> out of memory (usually in a day) so we would appreciate any help to
> solve this. We are using the default transient config from package with
> 160M memory setting.

This is the java server? M3?

> Due to development cycle we constantly restart our server during the day
> so it creates a new queues to brokers so the leak is propably related to
> old queues hanging around even when no-one is listening them. Any ideas
> where to start?

You could try using Lahiru's command line management tool to display the
queues and their bindings and message counts. That would let us see
whether there are indeed 'old' queues still existing after a restart
that have no consumer and are filling up with messages.

--Gordon.