qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Qpid with Mina2?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:38:20 GMT
2008/8/13 Murat OZDEMiR <mozdemir79@gmail.com>:
> Hi Aidan,

Murat,

The problem is that all versions beyond 1.0.1 are incompatible with
Qpid due to a 'Performance' change that was introduced in all
subsequent versions.

In the pre 1.0 days we worked with mina to address an incompatibility
in their code that prevented us slicing buffers returned from mina.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-201

This change however was reverted by a change that made it in to all
subsequent releases. This change IMO defaults the mina code to save
memory in a very small use case.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-328
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-346

As commented on DIRMINA-346 this reintroduces 201. I don't believe we
pointed this out to the team at the time as Mina was performing
adequately and we had no need to upgrade. I believe that I have
mentioned it on the mina list but we have no pressing need to upgrade
our mina I think we are more likely to migrate away from mina as there
is quite an overhead associated with it that we don't see with our own
IO.

As always patches are welcome I'm sure the biggest issues after
getting the above bug addressed will be any API changes and as Aidan
has pointed out Mina 2.0 is still a beta and we can only release from
Apache based on GA releases. If you have a patch available that shows
2.0 to be much faster that 1.0 then that would be most welcome.

 hth

Martin

--
Martin Ritchie