qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shahbaz Chaudhary" <schaudh...@marcopolonetwork.com>
Subject RE: Excel RTD Server: Proof of Concept
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:26:17 GMT
Will do.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 3:58 AM
To: qpid-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Excel RTD Server: Proof of Concept

=rtd("rtd.test",,"amqp://guest:guest@1/test?brokerlist='tcp://<host>:567
> 2'","<topic>","<field>")
> This will subscribe to a topic, each time an update is received, it
will
> retrieve a field and display it in Excel.
> Example:

=rtd("rtd.test",,"amqp://guest:guest@1/test?brokerlist='tcp://<host>:567
> 2'","md.bidsoffers","price")
>
> This will just display the price for all incoming bidsoffers (so
> MSFT/ORCL/EBAY will be mixed in)

Great job; this looks nice and to my mind the potential is obvious and
exciting! If you want to contribute code the preferred way is to create
a JIRA and attach the relevant files to that, checking the box that
officially grants the code to the ASF for use.