qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Peter Silva" <Peter.A.Si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build c++ broker under ubuntu 8.04
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:28:43 GMT
On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Peter Silva <Peter.A.Silva@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > the log is 60 K... It's hard to copy paste that much...
> > ugh..
> > ok try this...
> > http://metpx.sf.net/config.log
>
> what's your c++ compiler path? it's look for 'g++', which it's not
> finding. Configure should really fail at this point with something
> helpful, rather than continuing.
>
> - Aidan

that helped a lot :-) I did 'which g++' got nothing, it was called g++-3.3
then apt-get install g++, and it installed 3.4.  in the normal place...
I guess it was some non-default compatibility version or some such...
anyways, configure got a few lines further, then complained about uudev.h
files missing,

apt-get install uuid-dev

that configure completed.

make is running!