qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Shahbaz Chaudhary" <schaudh...@marcopolonetwork.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.RuntimeException: expecting '41', got 'f'
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 00:32:16 GMT
Thanks, I'll try the trunk versions of server and client...checked out
the client version from qpid because I wanted to avoid JMS and use an
amq specific java api.

Does redhat simply package up qpid's code in rpm format or do they add
their own extensions to it?  In other words, other than package
management and integration with start-up services, is there a difference
in the code?

-----Original Message-----
From: Shahbaz Chaudhary [mailto:schaudhary@marcopolonetwork.com]
Sent: Sunday, April 20, 2008 5:26 PM
To: qpid-users@incubator.apache.org
Subject: java.lang.RuntimeException: expecting '41', got 'f'

Hi,

I'm trying to run some example programs for qpid.

There server is the RedHat packaged RHMD from their mrg-beta yum
repository (which I believe is just the latest version of qpid server),
and the client is TopicPublisher (and TopicListener) from Qpid's svn
repository (head-I believe it is considered to be the M3 version).

All I have done is take
org.apache.qpid.example.amqpexample.pubsub.TopicPublisher (and
TopicListener), brought it into eclipse, change the package name to
reflect my own directory structure and changed

con.connect("localhost", 5672, "test", "guest", "guest");

from localhost to my own server.

When I run the file, I get the following run time exception:

16:58:58,933 [SocketConnectorIoProcessor-0.0] WARN  MinaHandler -
[/xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5672] Unexpected exception from exceptionCaught
handler.

java.lang.RuntimeException: connection closed

      at org.apache.qpidity.nclient.Client$1.exception(Client.java:76)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.Connection.exception(Connection.java:115)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.Assembler.exception(Assembler.java:
105)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.InputHandler.exception(InputHandler
.java:250)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.mina.MinaHandler.exceptionCaught(Mi
naHandler.java:85)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.exceptio
nCaught(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:695)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextExceptionCa
ught(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:423)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1000(Abstrac
tIoFilterChain.java:54)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.excepti
onCaught(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:794)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$HeadFilter.exceptio
nCaught(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:611)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextExceptionCa
ught(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:423)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.fireExceptionCaught
(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:407)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageRece
ived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:366)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(Abstrac
tIoFilterChain.java:54)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.message
Received(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$HeadFilter.messageR
eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:617)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageRece
ived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.fireMessageReceived
(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:353)

      at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProc
essor.java:246)

      at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoP
rocessor.java:206)

      at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$500(Socket
IoProcessor.java:44)

      at
org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(Socket
IoProcessor.java:506)

      at
org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.j
ava:43)

      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: expecting '41', got 'f'

      at org.apache.qpidity.transport.Channel.error(Channel.java:116)

      at org.apache.qpidity.transport.Channel.error(Channel.java:41)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.ProtocolError.delegate(ProtocolError.java:5
9)

      at org.apache.qpidity.transport.Channel.received(Channel.java:72)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.Connection.received(Connection.java:82)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.Connection.received(Connection.java:43)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.Assembler.emit(Assembler.java:90)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.Assembler.error(Assembler.java:134)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.ProtocolError.delegate(ProtocolError.java:6
4)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.Assembler.received(Assembler.java:1
00)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.Assembler.received(Assembler.java:4
9)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.InputHandler.error(InputHandler.jav
a:111)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.InputHandler.expect(InputHandler.ja
va:243)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.InputHandler.expect(InputHandler.ja
va:234)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.InputHandler.next(InputHandler.java
:126)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.InputHandler.received(InputHandler.
java:118)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.InputHandler.received(InputHandler.
java:41)

      at
org.apache.qpidity.transport.network.mina.MinaHandler.messageReceived(Mi
naHandler.java:74)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageR
eceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

      at
org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageRece
ived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)

      ... 11 more

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks