qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: expecting '41', got 'f'
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 00:57:06 GMT
Shahbaz Chaudhary wrote:
> Thanks, I'll try the trunk versions of server and client...checked out
> the client version from qpid because I wanted to avoid JMS and use an
> amq specific java api.
>
> Does redhat simply package up qpid's code in rpm format or do they add
> their own extensions to it?  In other words, other than package
> management and integration with start-up services, is there a difference
> in the code?

There are some extra plug-ins, components, config in MRG + supported build +
patches that need to be back ported etc. As you indicate the Beta repo is
closer to what would be Qpid M3, and AMQP 0-10.

One thing to note is for the next few weeks, that repo and trunk are not
fully compat
as Qpid closes the last few issues to become 100% AMQP 0-10 compliant.
pick one
or the other for the next week or two.

I will let someone that know the Java client better than I do respond to
the trace below.

Carl.