qpid-users mailing list archives

From Suran Jayathilaka <su...@wso2.com>
Subject Unable to run qpid-server from $QPID_HOME directory
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:14:07 GMT
Hi,

According to the getting-started page for Qpid java broker (
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/getting-started-guide.html ), the broker
startup script qpid-server should be run from the root for the Qpid
installation folder.

But when I try to run the broker with
"bin/qpid-server"  or "./bin/qpid-server"   it fails with

"bin/qpid-server: line 31: qpid-run: No such file or directory"

I could run the broker by typing

"./qpid-server" or ". qpid-server" in the QPID_HOME/bin folder.

Am I doing something wrong is the instruction incorrect? I have set the
QPID_HOME variable. I tried this with downloaded M2 as well as locally
built M3-SNAPSHOT.

Thanks.

Suran.