qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.RuntimeException: expecting '41', got 'f'
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:13:19 GMT
Shahbaz Chaudhary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run some example programs for qpid.
>

> There server is the RedHat packaged RHMD from their mrg-beta yum
> repository (which I believe is just the latest version of qpid server),
> and the client is TopicPublisher (and TopicListener) from Qpid's svn
> repository (head-I believe it is considered to be the M3 version).

It is probably a versioning issue (which I fully accept should be
handled a lot better and signaled more clearly).

The mrg-beta yum repo contains a version of the broker based on a
published preview of the 0-10 AMQP specification. Since then the 0-10
AMQP specification has been finalised and re-published with several
changes making it incompatible with the preview of the same 'version'(!).

Since the final 0-10 specification was released we have been working to
update the code on trunk.

If you use the client from trunk, I'd suggest to use a broker from trunk
also. Alternatively you can use the upcoming M2.1 release (just being
voted through as we speak). (If you want to try out the mrg beta, feel
free to do that also but probably best at this stage to use the clients
from there as well in that case).

> All I have done is take
> org.apache.qpid.example.amqpexample.pubsub.TopicPublisher (and
> TopicListener), brought it into eclipse, change the package name to
> reflect my own directory structure and changed
>

> con.connect("localhost", 5672, "test", "guest", "guest");
>

> from localhost to my own server.

If you specify '-t' to the qpidd when starting the server it will log
some debug output to the console which will hopefully give more insight
into what is happening.