qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Kalle Kärkkäinen" <kalle.karkkai...@intstream.fi>
Subject publish to multiple clients
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:12:48 GMT
Hi,

I'm giving qpid (java version M1) a serious jab, I'm in the middle of
using it to transport various messages from my server to my multiple
clients.

First, my idea of it.

1) Since broker can have multiple servers installed, and I really like
to handle server-side user right management, I'm using random queue
names and a service search channel. So servers are listening to 'search'
channel.

2) Each server has two channels, 'command' and 'broadcast'.

3) 'command' channel has communication from client to server. Each
client has a private reply queue (temporary).

4) 'broadcast' channel is for system wide (server wide) updates. Say,
some client sends a message saying that this data needs to be updated to
this, he gets an update to his private queue saying update-ok, and new
state of data is updated via 'broadcast' queue so that everyone is
up-to-speed on the latest developments.

Well, this seems to be working poorly. It seems that I'm unable to get a
message broadcasted to multiple clients. The private message and all
that works very well.

I'm constructing the broadcast queue like this:

broadcastChannel = session.createQueue(id+"-broadcast");
broadcaster = session.createProducer(broadcastChannel);

and sending stuff to it like this:

JMSTextMessage msg = session.createTextMessage();
broadcaster.send(msg);

I'm using a non-transactional session with client ack.

So, what gives?

--
Kalle.