qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HermesJMS Configuration
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:21:07 GMT
On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Brent Villalobos
<Brent.Villalobos@pdi.dreamworks.com> wrote:

>  Perhaps this will help if you do look into qpid/HermesJMS compatibility
>  issues.  I upgraded my version of HermesJMS from v1.12 to v1.13.  When
>  trying to connect to a queue, I got the following error printed to my
>  console.  It might help when trying to figure out any problems:

[..snip..]

>  INFO: Attempting connection to localhost/127.0.0.1:5672
>  Mar 5, 2008 11:14:01 AM org.apache.qpid.client.AMQConnection <init>
>  INFO: Unable to connect to broker at tcp://localhost:5672
>  java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

Looks like you can't get a tcp connection to the port for some reason.

Dumb questions: was the broker running? what does netstat -an show?
Got firewall?  Can you telnet localhost 5672?

- Aidan
--
aim/y!:aidans42  g:aidan.skinner@gmail.com
http://aidan.skinner.me.uk/