qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Ritchie" <ritch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HermesJMS Configuration
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 01:50:13 GMT
On 05/03/2008, Robert Greig <robert.j.greig@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/03/2008, Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org> wrote:
>  > On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Brent Villalobos
>  > <Brent.Villalobos@pdi.dreamworks.com> wrote:
>  >
>  > > Oops, I posted the wrong log.  This is the log I should have posted (and
>  > >  I do have the qpid broker running and I can telnet into it).  Again,
>  > >  this is using Java6 and Hermes v1.13 with the M2 qpid broker.
>  > >  -Brent
>  > >
>  > >  This is the error that get thrown to the console:
>  >
>  > That's a bit of a rubbish error (which should be much better in M2.1).
>  > It looks like it can't find an slf4j implementation, it might work if
>  > you add slf4j-simple or slf4j-log4j to your classpath.
>

> Is it not that there is a version mismatch with slf4j rather than it
>  is missing? Does Hermes use an older version of slf4j? If so replacing
>  that jar with a newer version (e.g. the one bundled with qpid client)
>  should help.
>

>  RG

Hi Brent,

It has been a long time since I last looked at HermesJMS. In that time
it has moved on quite a lot. The good news in short is that I have
managed to make it work.

The problems you are facing are all classpath issues.
HermesJMS 1.13 ships with the following incompatible Jars:
slf4j-jdk14-1.0.1.jar
mina-core-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
mina-java5-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

If you remove these jars from the lib dir and replace them with the
following jars from M2:
mina-core-1.0.0.jar
mina-java5-1.0.0.jar
slf4j-api-1.4.0.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.4.0.jar

This will allow things to work for you. Even though M2 supports Queue
browsing it may be prudent to use check the 'Use consumer' box in the
session configuration as our wiki describes as we have recently
discovered a bug in M2 when browsing a queue with no messages will
cause the client to hang.

If you are looking to interact with more than just Qpid with this
modified HermeJMS install then it may not work as the the downgrade in
mina may include API changes which may be incompatible with the built
in connectors.

If you have time to try out these changes to HermesJMS that would be great.

If you have questions then please don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards,

Martin