qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid for a distributed fault tolerant message bus
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 21:39:45 GMT
Nolan Hurlburt wrote:
> We're exploring using qpid as the messaging solution for our network.
> Currently it consists of a handful of regional datacentres running
> propriety server applications on Linux. We've implemented a variety of
> adhoc solutions to support communication between these servers. Eg.
> SSH, passing data through databases, even via FTPed files.
>
> Obviously a proper messaging solution would be ideal both in terms of
> security and functionality. Because of the distributed nature of our
> network we require the ability to place redundant "brokers" in each
> regional data center to form a distributed, fault tolerant, messaging
> bus. As I understand it from the dev mailing list, the brokers
> currently do not have this feature completely implemented, could
> someone confirm that for me?
>
> Nolan

Nolan,

It looks like you want to look at the federation features that have been
done on
trunk on AMQP 0-10. These have been done for another user. If you like I
can
help you getting it going. Feedback on this would be great, I was
testing this feature
two week ago and I expect that this area will be hardened by M3.
Everything you
need above should be included in M3. The FT module Alan is working on + the
federation.

There are few rough edges still on federation, which I can list for you
if you want to give it a spin. I can also send you a util to help setup
routes.

let me know,
Carl.