qpid-users mailing list archives

From Brent Villalobos <Brent.Villalo...@pdi.dreamworks.com>
Subject Re: Python Client: durability?
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:39:41 GMT
I have tried setting "delivery mode" to 2 for a Content object and also
setting up my exchange and queue to "durable=True".  Right now I am
using the default persistence configuration (aka: "in-memory", not
Berkeley DB).  Perhaps I don't understand the persistence model, but it
seems to me that all the qpid exchange/queue/message data would be
erased when the broker quits since it was all in memory, not written to
disk.   Will persistence only work when I use something like Berkeley DB?

Here was my test (correct me if I'm doing something wrong):
1.  Launch the QPID Java broker
2.  Setup and bind a direct exchange and queue with durable=True.
3.  Have a producer script create a Content object with the "delivery
mode" property set to 2.
4.  Send the message to the exchange using a "basic_publish".  There is
now one unconsumed message on the queue.
5.  Kill the broker with a linux "kill" command to simulate some sort of
system failure.
6.  Restart the broker
7.  Produce another message, there should now be two messages in the
queue.  However, in my test I'm only seeing one message.