qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Python Client: durability?
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 02:22:46 GMT
Brent Villalobos wrote:
> Carl Trieloff wrote:
>> Marking the exchange and binding as durable makes those definitions
>> persistent. The messages can/need to be marked durable
> This is a newbie question, but how do we mark a message as durable?
> Can someone provide a sample python code snippet?  Or even better, are
> there docs that explain the python qpid modules?  I'm going through
> the "amqp-doc" file, but that doesn't cover the Content class.  Thanks.
> -Brent

Brent,

the store is a module that the daemon loads. For M2 which is AMQP 0-8
here are notes http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/getting-started-guide.html
in terms of python code fragment to set durability for 0-8 I will let
someone that know what the best example is comment

There is quite a good set of examples on the trunk which will be M3,
they are AMQP 0-10 using the C++ broker.  These map to that.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/1.0/html/Messaging_Tutorial/
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_MRG/1.0/html/Messaging_Installation_Guide/chap-Messaging_Installation_Guide-Using_Persistence_with_RHM.html

hope that helps
Carl.