qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Nolan Hurlburt" <nola...@gmail.com>
Subject Qpid for a distributed fault tolerant message bus
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 20:38:17 GMT
We're exploring using qpid as the messaging solution for our network.
Currently it consists of a handful of regional datacentres running
propriety server applications on Linux. We've implemented a variety of
adhoc solutions to support communication between these servers. Eg.
SSH, passing data through databases, even via FTPed files.

Obviously a proper messaging solution would be ideal both in terms of
security and functionality. Because of the distributed nature of our
network we require the ability to place redundant "brokers" in each
regional data center to form a distributed, fault tolerant, messaging
bus. As I understand it from the dev mailing list, the brokers
currently do not have this feature completely implemented, could
someone confirm that for me?

Nolan