qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Greig" <robert.j.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: QPID M2 and Berkley DB
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2007 10:36:27 GMT
On 04/11/2007, Andy Grove <andy@codesuccess.com> wrote:
> Thanks Robert. I have this building now.

Great.

> I would be interested in contributing to an Apache friendly message store if
> help is needed. I'm still getting up to speed with AMQP but have extensive
> database and JDBC experience.

Do you have any experience with HOWL? That would be an interesting one
to create for comparison with BDB.

One reason why a JDBC (i.e. relational database backed) store has not
really been progressed is because basically it will perform like a
3-legged giraffe. A persistent message store doesn't really require a
relational database - given the nature of the problem being solved a
much simpler high performance logger is all that is required.

RG