qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Grove" <a...@codesuccess.com>
Subject RE: QPID M2 and Berkley DB
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 11:27:21 GMT
Thanks Martin.

I tried building from source but there are some source incompatibilities between bdbstore
and QPID M2. I made the following minor changes to be able to compile QPID M2 and bdbstore.

1. Add additional constructors to QPID AMQException that take a message and an exception
2. Change bdbstore to use the new AMQException constructors
3. Change scope of QPID AMQMessage.incrementReference() from protected to public

However, all of the bdbstore tests failed with a NPE:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.qpid.server.exchange.DefaultExchangeFactory.initialise(DefaultExchangeFactory.java:73)
	at org.apache.qpid.server.virtualhost.VirtualHost.&amp;init&amp;(VirtualHost.java:148)
	at org.apache.qpid.server.virtualhost.VirtualHost.&amp;init&amp;(VirtualHost.java:122)
	at org.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.BDBStoreTest.setUp(BDBStoreTest.java:83)

The initiating code in BDBStoreTest is:

        _virtualHost = new VirtualHost("test", _store);

That constructor is implemented in QPID as:

    public VirtualHost(String name, MessageStore store) throws Exception
    {
        this(name, null, store);
    }

This results in a null hostConfig being passed to an overloaded constructor and hence causes
the DefaultExchangeFactory to fail because it attempts to call methods on the hostConfig object.

I don't yet understand the relationship between Apache and Red Hat on these projects. Red
Hat obviously have their own broker implementation based on QPID. Is the intention for bdbstore
to be backwards compatible with Apache QPID? Should I file bugs with Apache and/or Red Hat
for this issue?

Thanks,

Andy.