qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Grove" <a...@codesuccess.com>
Subject QPID M2 and Berkley DB
Date Sat, 27 Oct 2007 10:00:54 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to use QPID with Berkeley DB rather than the in-memory message
store.

I downloaded the bdbstore.jar and followed the instructions on the following
page:

http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/3rd-party-libraries.html

I also downloaded Berkeley DB Java Edition version 3.2.44.

When I run qpid-server I get this stack trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.apache.qpid.server.store.berkeleydb.BDBMessageStore.configure
(Lorg/apache/qpid/server/virtualhost/VirtualHost;Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/commons/configuration/Configuration;)V
        at
org.apache.qpid.server.virtualhost.VirtualHost.initialiseMessageStore(
VirtualHost.java:190)
        at org.apache.qpid.server.virtualhost.VirtualHost.<init>(
VirtualHost.java:162)

If I understand this correctly, the bdbstore.jar I downloaded is not
compatible with the M2 release. Is there a newer bdbstore available or can I
build one from source?

Thanks,

Andy.