qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: question about proton error philosophy
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:33:29 GMT
Do other APIs reset the errno?  I could have sworn they didn't.

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 12:01 PM, Michael Goulish <mgoulish@redhat.com> wrote:
> I was expecting errno inside the messenger to be reset to 0 at the end of any successful
API call.
> It isn't: instead it looks like the idea is that errno preserves the most recent error
that happened, regardless of how long ago that might be.
> Is this intentional?
> I am having a hard time understanding why we would not want errno to always represent
the messenger state as of the completion of the most recent API call.
> I would be happy to submit a patch to make it work this way, and see what people think
----- but not if I am merely exhibiting my own philosophical ignorance here.

Hiram Chirino

Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

hchirino@redhat.com | fusesource.com | redhat.com