qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Michael Goulish <mgoul...@redhat.com>
Subject question about proton error philosophy
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:01:47 GMT

I was expecting errno inside the messenger to be reset to 0 at the end of any successful API
call.

It isn't: instead it looks like the idea is that errno preserves the most recent error that
happened, regardless of how long ago that might be.

Is this intentional?

I am having a hard time understanding why we would not want errno to always represent the
messenger state as of the completion of the most recent API call.

I would be happy to submit a patch to make it work this way, and see what people think -----
but not if I am merely exhibiting my own philosophical ignorance here.