qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Michael Goulish <mgoul...@redhat.com>
Subject another proton error question
Date Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:57:39 GMT

OK, so now I understand that we are using the standard errno philosophy in which:

  errno always contains the most recent error from anywhere within messenger code.
  ( and is iniialized to 0 on creation of messenger struct. )

But another part of this philosophy is:

  No system call (in our case, translate that to 'Messenger API call' or maybe 'Messenger
function') ever sets
errno to zero.

Yet, I am seeing it get set to zero, sometimes.  ( The only fn I have actually observed
doing this so far is  pn_output_write_amqp(), but there may be others )

Is there a reason why we depart from the standard errno philosophy here?
Or is it just an oversight?

If it's an oversight, I'd like to put something like

as the first line in pn_error_set().

If it's not an oversight, I'd like to know the reasoning so I can document it.

View raw message