qpid-proton mailing list archives

From Michael Goulish <mgoul...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: question about proton error philosophy
Date Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:40:58 GMT

No, you're right.

    "errno is never set to zero by any system call or library function"
    ( That's from Linux doco. )

OK, I was just philosophically challenged.
I think what confused me was the line in the current Proton C doc (about errno) that says
"an error code or zero if there is no error."
I'll just remove that line.

OK, I withdraw the question.

( I still don't like this philosophy, but the whole world is using it, and the whole world
is bigger than I am... )