qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Way to bind qpid to a different IP?
Date Mon, 06 Jan 2014 19:34:24 GMT
I think Rob might have applied that patch on trunk yesterday, if so it
should now be in the latest nightly broker release archive at:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-Java-Artefact-Release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/qpid/java/broker/release/

Alternatively, you can build your own verison by running 'ant release-bin'
(adding -Doptional=true if you want the optional bdbstore included) in
qpid/java and then looking in qpid/java/broker/release

qpid-all.jar is an [annoyingly named] manifest jar, it has no code in it
and I can believe it probably doenst have the main-file set. As Rob
suggests, you can start the broker using the scripts.

Although it wont account for this new addition, you might find the the
broker docs useful at:
http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.24/java-broker/book/index.html

Robbie

On 6 January 2014 17:31, Kyle Crumpton (kcrumpto) <kcrumpto@cisco.com>wrote:

> Hi Rob, Sorry for the really late reply / hope you remember this thread.
>
> I got some assistance from the irc. I pulled the latest source using "svn
> checkout http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/qpid qpid"
> Then I ran "patch -i QPID-5437.patch --dry-run -p0" in the Java branch.
> The patch seemed successful. From there I did an "ant build" and got the
> file "qpid-all.jar"
> Looking for where I would go from here to get this running and bound to a
> different IP?
>
> I am finding that when I run it there is no main class specified.
>
> On 12/19/13 6:11 PM, "Rob Godfrey" <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5437 and attached
> >quick patch to allow for HTTP ports to be bound to a speicifc address in
> >the same way that AMQP ports are.  The patch is against the head of trunk
> >rather than 0.22, though I don't imagine it'd be too difficult to get it
> >apply to that version.
> >
> >Hope this helps,
> >Rob
> >

> >On 20 December 2013 00:51, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemmell@gmail.com>
> >wrote:

> >> port
> >> much...
> >>it.
> >> >

> >> It shouldnt be too much harder to implement for the JMX ports either, it
> >> would likely just need use of some custom RMIServerSocketFactory
> >> implementations, something we already do for other reasons (e.g
> >> QpidSslRMIServerSocketFactory to allow use of SSL config other than the
> >>JVM
> >> default)
> >>
> >> The bit I was speaking to earlier is that the interfaces JMX listens on
> >>are
> >> completely distinct from the single IP/host it can actually advertise
> >>the
> >> JMXConnectorServer as being available at in the registry.

> >>change
> >> the
> >>"bindingAddress":
> >>that
> >> >

> >> You can pass "-Dfoo=bar" type values via the QPID_OPTS environment
> [...]
Use
> >>the
> >>Broker

> http://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-0.22/java-broker/book/Java-Broker-Po

> [...]