qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Null Pointer exception in Qpid Java CLient 0.24
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:30:47 GMT
The client sets the routing key for you, based on the Queue or Topic name
you use.

Message persistence isn't a function of the destination string, it is
[optionally] controlled using the appropriate parameter on the expanded
MessageProducer.send(..) operations defined by JMS. If you dont use the
expanded send operations in order to control that, JMS messages are
persistent by default.

Queue durability is a function of the destination string, and will default
to true when using "queue." definitions and can't be set otherwise, and
default false when using "destination." definitions where you must set it
true if you need. For regular Topic subscriptions, the backing queues will
always be non durable temporary queues tied to the lifecycle of the
subscriber. DurableSubscriptions from the client wont work against the
RabbitMQ broker as that functionality has always been dependant on the AMQP
extension which caused the earlier problem creating regular consumers, and
making it do otherwise would require breaking the JMS spec.

/goes back to being on vacation

Robbie