qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Qpid Dispatch Router component
Date Wed, 09 Oct 2013 16:20:36 GMT
Hi Ted,

I think before we make this a full sub project, it would be good to have
clarity on exactly the proposed scope of Dispatch, how it is expected to
interact with other components within Qpid, or within wider AMQP networks.
I think in retrospect we didn't do this clearly enough with Proton (for
example).

Moreover I would personally like to understand which AMQP standards it will
be looking to implement, and which not.  For instance I notice this line in
the docs for Dispatch:

*Address**Description* /_local/agentThe management agent on the attached
router/container. This address would be used by an endpoint that is a
management client/console/tool wishing to access management data from the
attached container.
Which doesn't seem to conform with the proposed management specification
for AMQP, nor does the document make any mention of how dispatch is to be
managed.

Cheers,
Rob