qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Null Pointer exception in Qpid Java CLient 0.24
Date Mon, 07 Oct 2013 17:35:16 GMT
On 10/07/2013 05:51 PM, k.madnani84 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use Qpid Java client 0.24 with RabbitMQ 3.1.5.I am getting a
> null pointer exception and i understand its because exchangeName is getting
> generated as null when i debug.But whats the reason?
> Is there something i need to mention extra in case of RabbitMQ.My properties
> file is as such:
>
> java.naming.factory.initial =
> org.apache.qpid.jndi.PropertiesFileInitialContextFactory
> connectionfactory.qpidConnectionfactory =
> amqp://rbtadmin:b_Ksw6w0@zldv0434.vci.att.com/?brokerlist='tcp://zldv0434.vci.att.com:5672'
> destination.topicExchange = amq.topic

This is speculative, but try changing the line above to

destination.topicExchange=topic://amq.topic

The older protocols I think still require the 'binding url' format,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/BindingURLFormat. It
may be that the shortened form you use above is not parsed correctly.