qpid-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "JAkub Scholz (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (QPID-5033) [Windows C++ client] An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 11:33:49 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5033?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13726356#comment-13726356
] 

JAkub Scholz commented on QPID-5033:
------------------------------------

I finally managed to build the 0.22 release. The problem is fully reproducible there as well.
However, I tried to increase the BufferCount value in AsynchIO.h from 4 to 5 and that seems
to solve the problem - at least in the terms that the error doesn't reproduce anymore.
                
> [Windows C++ client] An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system
lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: QPID-5033
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-5033
>             Project: Qpid
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: C++ Client
>         Environment: Windows, different versions
>            Reporter: JAkub Scholz
>         Attachments: client.cpp, client-trace.log
>
>
> As discussed on the user mailing list (http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Qpid-throwed-WSAENOBUFS-while-receiving-data-from-a-broker-td7592938.html),
when receiving a large amounts of messages over SSL using a receiver prefetch, the clients
fails with an exception "An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system
lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full". This exception seems to originate
from the SslAsynchIO class, method sslDataIn.
> Decreasing the capacity seems to improve the frequency with which the problem appears.
However with 1MB messages, even capacity 1 doesn't seem to work. The problem seems to be quite
easy to reproduce using following scenario:
> 1) Create a large queue on a broker (C++ / Linux)
> 2) Start feeding messages into the queue using C++/Linux program (in my case I used approximately
1kB messages)
> 3) Connect with a receiver (C++/Windows) using SSL and prefetch 1000 (no client authentication,
I used username & password)
> 4) Wait few seconds to see the error in the receiver
> The source code of the receiver as well as the full trace+ log are attached. Please let
me know should you need some additional information.

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@qpid.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@qpid.apache.org


Mime
View raw message