qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: a request regarding crossposting
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 10:28:42 GMT
On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Fraser Adams
<fraser.adams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> FWIW I totally agree with Gordon here.

> Not trying to be critical of Justin or anyone else here, just wanting to
> voice my support for Gordon.

I'm in favor of having a single list for discussion, for users and
developers; see [1].  I was simply pointing out that we're liable to
leave out some people by sending messages only to the user list.

Indeed, I think overloading the user list to be our general discussion
list is going to be a source of confusion.  I've looked at how other
Apache projects describe their user and dev lists, and none that I can
find propose anything like this.

Anyhow, the cross-posting problem is quite real.  I agree very much
about that.  It's just that not cross posting, because we still have
the user/dev split lists, has its own problems.