qpid-dev mailing list archives

From prikshit <prikshit_chau...@dell.com>
Subject RE: STARTING/STOPPING Apache Qpid from Maven
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2013 08:21:39 GMT
Hi Robbie,

We need to perform integration testing, and creating the actual environment can be a complex
and lengthy process. I admit apache qpid is not the actual representation of the system, As
 on production we are using RabbitMQ.

Hope now I am clear about scenario. Can you guide for any JVM broker which is close to rabbit
MQ , which I can use for integration testing other than ApacheQpid. Or apache Qpid is the
best one.

Thx,
Prikshit
From: Robbie Gemmell [via Apache Qpid developers] [mailto:ml-node+s2158895n7588724h24@n2.nabble.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:17 AM
To: Chauhan, Prikshit
Subject: Re: STARTING/STOPPING Apache Qpid from Maven

Hi Prikshit,

Is is possible to launch the Qpid broker within the same JVM and we can
point out how to do this if you decide to go down that route, but I'm still
a little unclear on your actual intentions and whether this would really be
a good fit. Would you be looking to use the Qpid broker in actual
deployment of the application, or only for use in the same JVM during
testing whilst continuing to use the RabbitMQ broker for the final
deployment?

If the latter, we normally wouldn't recommend such an approach as your
testing then wouldn't be representative of your actual system. Whilst it
can obviously be nicer to have components in the same JVM at times, is this
really a hard requirement for you, i.e. is there a particular reason that
having your tests launch the RabbitMQ broker as a standalone process isn't
workable for you? What has your testing to date been doing in this area?

Robbie

http://apache-qpid-developers.2158895.n2.nabble.com/STARTING-STOPPING-Apache-Qpid-from-Maven-tp7588664p7588724.html