qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: a request regarding crossposting
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 15:53:33 GMT
On 08/22/2013 04:35 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 08/22/2013 04:00 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
>>>
>>> I certainly agree with all of that, but it misses a category of
>>> mailing list subscriber: at the time I was not a Qpid developer, but I
>>> was interested in following Qpid development.
>>
>> I don't think you can properly follow development without following the user
>> list.
>
> At various times in the past I've been a subscriber to the dev lists
> at gnome and many other places without being subscribed to the user
> list.  I don't think this is uncommon.

Stepping back, the key point I want to make is that for the Qpid
community, I think it is important that most conversations happen on the
user list to keep our user informed and to solicit their input.

Therefore for anyone on the Qpid dev list that is not on the user list,
I would strongly encourage you to subscribe to the user list also.
Otherwise you will miss out in useful(!) information as I for one will
post there by default.

To the point of this thread, crossposting to both lists is in my view
simply a way for information again to miss the user list when a thread
diverges. Doing so in my view sacrifices the very real needs of lots of
users who are not on the dev list for the preferences of a possibly
hypothetical group that are on dev list but not user list.