qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: a request regarding crossposting
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:49:12 GMT
On 08/22/2013 03:43 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Gordon Sim <gsim@redhat.com> wrote:
>> I believe that the dev list audience is a strict sub-set of the user list
>> audience.
>
> I doubt this is the case.  I for one was a dev list subscriber for a
> long time without having subscribed to user.

Personally I would consider that rather bad form and would encourage
anyone subscribed to dev to subscribe to users if that is not already
the case.

Development detached from users is never a good thing. If you need to be
on the dev list, you _need_ to be on the users list as well. Otherwise
we force our users to be on the dev list just in case they miss something.

(Again, sorry for getting on my high horse here, but I feel quite
strongly on this point).