qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject a request regarding crossposting
Date Thu, 22 Aug 2013 12:48:05 GMT
I believe that the dev list audience is a strict sub-set of the user
list audience. Crossposting to both user and dev lists is therefore
unnecessary and almost inevitably in any case leads to threads
diverging. Where a thread evolves only on the dev list valuable
information is missed on the user list and even in replies it becomes
harder to reconcile the two again.

For that reason I'd request that you think very carefully before sending
a mail to both user and dev lists. If you feel the user list will be
interested (and I believe for most topics they will be), please consider
only posting it there (perhaps with some introductory context if it
relates to something that came up initially on the dev list).

Thanks (and sorry for being a pain)!

--Gordon