qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Cliff Jansen <cliffjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: .Net Clients
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 06:46:53 GMT
Further to Steve's note...

> .NET: qpid\cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet

This is currently the most actively maintained .NET component in Qpid.
Because it is based on an abstract messaging API, programs written to this
client should automatically work when AMQP 1.0 is implemented.  However, it
currently lacks any WCF or System.Transactions support.  The .NET API it
provides for messaging is currently unique to Qpid.

> WCF: qpid\wcf

This client exposes AMQP functionality to .NET users solely through a WCF
view.  It follows the same WCF approach as for the newest Microsoft
messaging related adapters (such as for WebSphere MQ).  It has full
System.Transactions support, including ambient transactions and a resource
manager with recovery.  It has a raw message encoder for high performance
and interoperability.  However, it remains rough around the edges, such as
lacking access to many AMQP types.  It is currently strongly tied to AMQP
0-10 and will require a lot of work to move forward to AMQP 1.0 (unless
transaction support is dropped altogether).

Cliff