qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Sack <Daniel.S...@techtalk.at>
Subject RE: .Net Clients
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:10:22 GMT
If I understood right these two .Net components are based on the native c++ client.
Is there some purely .Net client support on the roadmap in the future?

Br,
Daniel
TechTalk

From: Cliff Jansen [mailto:cliffjansen@gmail.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 28. September 2010 08:47
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Cc: Daniel Sack
Subject: Re: .Net Clients

Further to Steve's note...

> .NET: qpid\cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet

This is currently the most actively maintained .NET component in Qpid.  Because it is based
on an abstract messaging API, programs written to this client should automatically work when
AMQP 1.0 is implemented.  However, it currently lacks any WCF or System.Transactions support.
 The .NET API it provides for messaging is currently unique to Qpid.

> WCF: qpid\wcf

This client exposes AMQP functionality to .NET users solely through a WCF view.  It follows
the same WCF approach as for the newest Microsoft messaging related adapters (such as for
WebSphere MQ).  It has full System.Transactions support, including ambient transactions and
a resource manager with recovery.  It has a raw message encoder for high performance and interoperability.
 However, it remains rough around the edges, such as lacking access to many AMQP types.  It
is currently strongly tied to AMQP 0-10 and will require a lot of work to move forward to
AMQP 1.0 (unless transaction support is dropped altogether).

Cliff
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Steve Huston <shuston@riverace.com<mailto:shuston@riverace.com>>
wrote:
Hi Daniel,

> I'm a little bit lost in the svn\trunk repository with all
> the dotnet client folders. Can somebody give me an overview
> where I can find the correct .net and wcf client for the c++ broker?
Sorry for the confusion... I recommend you look at:

.NET: qpid\cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet
WCF: qpid\wcf

The WCF stuff has been around since 0.6; the .NET bindings are newer.

> Currently I found the following:
> \qpid\dotnet (there is also a 0-10 so I think this is client
> for ampq protocol 10) \qpid\cpp\bindings\qpid\dotnet
>
> For wcf:
> \qpid\wcf
> \qpid\dotnet\client-010\wcf
Those are both old and not actively maintained. I recommend you avoid
them.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org
Use/Interact: mailto:dev-subscribe@qpid.apache.org<mailto:dev-subscribe@qpid.apache.org>