qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Qpid C++ broker cluster failover
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:30:11 GMT
On 09/14/2010 02:20 AM, Tim Chen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm reading the documentation on qpid clustering, and a bit confused on the replication
piece.

> In the docs, it only mentions that state is replicated to all brokers in the same cluster,
but doesn't mention what state will be replicated.

At present, pretty much all broker side state. (We hope to relax this in
future enhancements).

> I don't care if messages are lost, and care more about throughput.
 >
> Will messages in queues be async replicated as well?

Yes.

> Is it possible to setup a active-passive failover where there is only one active broker
recaeiving and sending messages in the cluster, and the others remain passive (or no messages
replicated) until failover happens?

There is no built in support for that configuration at present.

You could use unclustered brokers, but would then need to have some
external mechanism for enforcing consistency w.r.t which one is primary.
You would also need to manually create the relevant queues/exchanges on
all nodes.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org