qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject RE: Performance: C++ client - Windows VS LInux
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:49:44 GMT
On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 07:50 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
>
> > Thanks for the reply.
>
> You're welcome.
>
> > On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 07:06 -0400, Steve Huston wrote:
> > > Hi Bruno,

> > > What version of Qpid did you test with on Fedora?
> >
> > I'm using 0.6.

> > > You can get a Qpid 0.6 installable from
> > > http://www.riverace.com/qpid/downloads.htm, but it's 0.6 - probably
> > > not significantly different from what you tested.
> > >

> > With this libs I get 573361 microseconds/packet. A little
> > less, but not enough.
>
> Right...
>
> > > If you get profiling info that may help to improve this,
> > please let me
> > > know. I'm also available to help get that information.
> >
> > I think I will do a simple test program only for this. What
> > do I need to get useful profiling information?
>
> Output from any reasonable performance measurement. Something like
> Rational Quantify would do it, or one of Intel's thread measuring tools
> (I forget the name).

I have a simple program now that sends and receives messages. It starts
counting time right before sending (synchronous), and stop counting when
message arrives. I get 757 microseconds/packet in Linux and 39118
microseconds/packet in Windows as an average of 10.000 packets. I will
try Very Sleepy free profiling tool.

Regards,
Bruno

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org