qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Chuck Rolke <cro...@redhat.com>
Subject Qpid-cpp windows x86 vs. x64 issues
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 21:24:09 GMT

I have spent time recently working with Qpid-cpp, CMake, and Windows x64. I can see two issues
that could use a general solution:

1. CMake's find_boost finds the same Boost library tree for both x86 and x64 builds. If environment
variable BOOST_ROOT points to one lib or the other first, then CMake sets things up correctly.
This is cumbersome to do using CMake-gui (2.8.0). It's easy to do if CMake is run from a command

  Does anyone else compile both x86 and x64? How do you deal with Boost versions?

2. CMake does not have a good story for emitting CSharp project files.

 Does anyone have CMake dealing with .csproj files?

To make my environment work I've written a powershell script. It basically:

 a. Asks for BOOST_ROOT's, x86 and x64.
 b. Asks for QPID_BUILD_ROOT's, or "where to build the binaries", x86 and x64.
 c. It runs two CMake command lines producing x86 and x64 output.
 d. It produces scripts that you use to launch Visual Studio
    with the proper BOOST_ROOT and QPID_BUILD_ROOT.

The script uses BOOST_ROOT and CMake command line to work around problem #1. It uses an environment
variable for .csproj files to find qpidmessaging and qpidcommon binaries to work around problem

Is there a better way to do this? Any suggestions are welcome.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org