qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrewinternatio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple topics per queue with the JMS API
Date Thu, 20 May 2010 09:35:34 GMT
On 19 May 2010 19:15, Emmanuel Bourg <ebourg@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 17/05/2010 19:13, Martin Ritchie a écrit :
>
>> Emmanuel,
>> If you are looking to perform the bind/unbind to an existing queue then
>> there is a bindQueue method on AMQSession however I was just looking at
>> this and noticed there is no unbind. A simple thing to expose, but
>> without a clear approach on exposing AMQP functionality in the java
>> client it may subject to change.
>
> Thank you Martin,
>
> I looked at AMQSession but it seems my understanding of the code isn't good
> enough to implement the unbind feature myself. If someone could look into it
> that would be really nice.

Emmanuel, Hi.

The problem is that the QueueUnbind method is not available in 0_8,
but only from 0_9 onwards, and there are only 0_8 and 0_10
implementations of AMQSession. We need to create a new AMQSession_0_9
class that handles unbind (adding it to the 0_10 session seems
trivial) and have the 0_8 session throw a not implemented exception.
Can you raise a JIRA for this, and I will take a look.

Cheers,
Andrew.
--
-- andrew d kennedy ? edinburgh : +44 7941 197 134

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org