qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Shan Wang <Shan.W...@igindex.co.uk>
Subject RE: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:42:10 GMT
I'm not sure if we hit the max limit or not, I opt to believe not, because we've never seen
any complains about number of connections in the log. And yes what you described is the desired
behaviour.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Conway [mailto:aconway@redhat.com]
Sent: 04 November 2009 14:15
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster

On 11/04/2009 07:49 AM, Shan Wang wrote:
> Another question is, if there are more client connections than the default limit 300,
what will the broker react? Will it just reject any new connections? Will there be any logs
for this and will the existing clients be affected?

It looks like the --max-connections option currently has no effect. I'll raise a
JIRA to fix that. Does this sound like the right behaviour to  you:

--max-connections: set the maximum number of client connections. If there are
max-connections clients connected, the broker will reject any new connection
attempts and log a warning. The existing connections are not affected.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index Ltd is a
company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761
2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org