qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Shan Wang <Shan.W...@igindex.co.uk>
Subject RE: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:23:34 GMT
Ok, I understand the exclusive queue now, but what do you mean by "aquired messages not accepted"?
So if I don't use exclusive queue and heartbeat, does my client still have risk to be locked
up? If so, under what condition?

Also does anyone know what does the following error mean?

2009-oct-31 10:17:49 error 172.27.34.201:9908(READY/error) channel error 157487219 on 172.27.34.201:9908-389(local):
transport-busy: Channel 1 already attached to guest@QPID.amq.failover676a76fa-56
64-4e49-9bee-0538532fe261 (qpid/amqp_0_10/SessionHandler.cpp:150) (unresolved: 172.27.34.201:9908
172.27.34.202:13287 )

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Trieloff [mailto:cctrieloff@redhat.com]
Sent: 03 November 2009 17:07
To: Shan Wang
Cc: dev@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster

Shan Wang wrote:
> So even if heartbeat isn't set, the client can still failover to another broker after
some default timeout?

> Don't quite understand how could broker release resources based on heartbeat, isn't heartbeat
used by client to detect the outage of a broker? Does broker also listen a heartbeat sent
by client?

if a session has an exclusive queue or aquired messages not accepted,
these will remain locked till teh connection times our or 2x heartbeat
before the are release for
other clients

> A more important question to me is, will two qpid-tool conflict while each monitoring
the same queue name on one broker of the cluster?

they will not conflict

Carl

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index Ltd is a
company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761
2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org