qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Shan Wang <Shan.W...@igindex.co.uk>
Subject RE: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:23:03 GMT
Hmm...so what will happen if I don't set it? In the c++ API doc from redhat, there's nowhere
mentioning this heartbeat, I only get this from the qpid FAQ. I tested the cluster by cleanly
shutdown one broker while producing a lot of messages to a queue, the other broker still works
fine and no messages were lost.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: 03 November 2009 15:32
To: dev@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster

On 11/03/2009 02:43 PM, Shan Wang wrote:
> I haven't set any heartbeat in ConnectionSettings explicitly, the cluster worked most
of the time, so I guess the default heartbeat interval is fine.

By default heartbeats are not used for the c++ client. You must set the
interval in ConnectionSettings to turn them on.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and for the use of the addressee
only, unless otherwise indicated. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read,
copy, use or disclose to others this message or any attachment. Please also notify the sender
by replying to this email or by telephone (+44 (0)20 7896 0011) and then delete the email
and any copies of it. Opinions, conclusions (etc.) that do not relate to the official business
of this company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. IG Index Ltd is a
company registered in England and Wales under number 01190902. VAT registration number 761
2978 07. Registered Office: Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London SE1 8EZ. Authorised
and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. FSA Register number 114059.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org