qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 14:14:40 GMT
On 11/04/2009 07:49 AM, Shan Wang wrote:
> Another question is, if there are more client connections than the default limit 300,
what will the broker react? Will it just reject any new connections? Will there be any logs
for this and will the existing clients be affected?

It looks like the --max-connections option currently has no effect. I'll raise a
JIRA to fix that. Does this sound like the right behaviour to  you:

--max-connections: set the maximum number of client connections. If there are
max-connections clients connected, the broker will reject any new connection
attempts and log a warning. The existing connections are not affected.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org