qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: An ill borker brings down the whole cluster
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:06:59 GMT
Shan Wang wrote:
> So even if heartbeat isn't set, the client can still failover to another broker after
some default timeout?

> Don't quite understand how could broker release resources based on heartbeat, isn't heartbeat
used by client to detect the outage of a broker? Does broker also listen a heartbeat sent
by client?

if a session has an exclusive queue or aquired messages not accepted,
these will remain locked till teh connection times our or 2x heartbeat
before the are release for
other clients

> A more important question to me is, will two qpid-tool conflict while each monitoring
the same queue name on one broker of the cluster?

they will not conflict

Carl

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org