qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [c++] Simplifying test environments and running tests on installations
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2009 22:19:42 GMT
On 10/30/2009 01:54 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> BTW, the plan of record (at least last I knew) was to migrate
> everything to CMake and drop autoconf. I've noticed that many changes
> made to Makefile.am don't necessarily make it over to CMakeLists.txt
> and am wondering where the commitment level is for CMake transition
> (in general with the primarily Linux folks, not Alan in particular).

I'm still committed in principle, in practice some slippage is likely to
continue until cmake does everything automake does and people can start using it
as their first (better only) build tool. What's left to do before we can declare
cmake the preferred build tool?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org