qpid-dev mailing list archives

From Aidan Skinner <aidan.skin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RFC] [Java] QPID-2018 Clear queue doesn't clear acquired messages which is a little confusing if that's all there is.
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 21:09:47 GMT
On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 9:41 PM, Robbie Gemmell<robbie.gemmell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Checks for undeleted messages could be made using this number along with the before/after
MessageCount, but of course general queue activity during the process could cause such a check
to reach the wrong conclusion. In order to accurately report the number of messages not deleted
due to being in an acquired state a new 'clearQueueAndReportNumAcquired' method would need
to be added to (Simple)AMQQueue, does that seem ok to everyone? The only real alternative
is to start using the return value of the existing method in the MBean and have the console
indicate how many messages were deleted, rather than how many were not. Thoughts?

Reporting how many were deleted seems reasonable to me, I don't see
much gain in introducing a new method to do something slightly
different.

- Aidan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org