qpid-dev mailing list archives

From "Aidan Skinner" <ai...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Slow consumer handling
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 11:28:00 GMT
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:59 PM, Robert Godfrey
<rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/11/11 Aidan Skinner <aidan@apache.org>:
>> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Carl Trieloff <cctrieloff@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I think MINA is being tossed as we work to 0-10 in Java. Agree that the slow
>>> connection
>>> problem on private queues is un-related.
>>
>> This really can't wait to be fixed until we add new protocols to the
>> Java broker. 0-10 makes things a lot easier, in many ways, but the
>> basic problems remain the same and need to be fixed in similar ways.
>>

> Once we have M4 out of the door I would like to discuss the work I've
> done for both the broker and 0-8 client allowing them to select
> alternative IO layers.  For continuity stability it can use the
> existing MINA IO, but to address some of the issues being brought up
> here it can also be configured to use the Java 0-10 IO, or a similar
> NIO/selector based transport I wrote.   While this won't answer all
> our issues it does offer one way of getting out from under some of the
> issues we've seen with MINA... and experimentally showed much improved
> performance for the Java Broker.

The transport layer is only part of the picture, although it's a big
part. Having pluggable ones would be awesome. Fancy attaching the
patch to the Jira? :)

- Aidan
http://cwiki.apache.org/qpid
"Nine-tenths of wisdom consists in being wise in time." - Theodore Roosevelt